- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
What is the information used for?
- To provide goods and services by us or by our designated representatives and/or business partners to you or to parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto
- To verify and process payment when you purchase goods and services from our sites
- For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you
- To send you information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by us.
Can you opt out?
Whenever we send you any marketing information, we will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and a link to do so.
Will your personal information be shared with anyone?
1. We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
2. We will only share your personal details with a third party when:
- We have your consent to share the information
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested
- We need to send the information to companies and entities who work with or on behalf of Mediacorp to provide a product or service to you (e.g. delivery of products, processing credit card payments, etc.)
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process
- We find that your actions on our websites violate our terms and conditions of use or any of our usage guidelines for specific products and services.
Can you change and update your particulars?
You may update your personal information at any time, including whether you want us to contact you about promotions and new products and services. You can do so by accessing Toggle.
How is your data protected?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data are protected from unauthorized access. Access to your account is password protected. Thus, no other party, including employees of Mediacorp Pte Ltd, can change the information. However, you must remember to log off from your account and close the browser window after use so that no unauthorized party can have access. You must not, at any time, divulge your password to any third party. All information gathered by Mediacorp Pte Ltd is stored in systems that may only be accessed by authorised staff of Mediacorp Pte Ltd using assigned user ids and passwords. In certain areas, Mediacorp Pte Ltd uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Mediacorp Pte Ltd may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our platforms (website, app, smart tv & STB in future).You agree that such posting will constitute sufficient and adequate notice to you of the changes. You agree that your continued use of our products and services after such amendment will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified policy.
We may use "cookies", where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
Mediacorp does not utilise persistent cookies to track, or target advertisements to, persons who are resident in the European Union.
This policy is subject to any existing laws of the Republic of Singapore in relation to the protection of information and if required by any lawful authority for any legal purposes such as the enforcement of any laws or to prevent the breaching of any laws, we shall release all such information as is legally required by the requisite and lawful authority in accordance with the directions of the lawful court of the competent jurisdiction.
Contact Mediacorp Pte Ltd
For any other enquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at +65 6388 3888 (9am – 10pm daily).
To unsubscribe from our email newsletter, please email to email@example.com with "Unsubscribe" in the Subject, and the email address to be unsubscribed.